Thursday, April 21, 2011

Music, So Good for the Soul

I got to see Arcade Fire with The National last night at a beautiful outdoor venue on a chilly Spring night.  I was excited about the show beforehand, but I had no idea what an amazing time it would be.  The National played my two very favorite songs of theirs, one being the one below.  I get chills.


The National - "England"


I suppose most of the hype was for Arcade Fire, and while I was a semi-fan before the show, I was blown away with their performance.  I didn't intend to stay the entire time, but sure enough, at the end of the encore I was still there, wanting more.  If I could have just a fraction of the energy that encompassed me at the show last night, all would be right in the world.


Arcade Fire - "Wake Up"

Obviously these videos are not from last night's show, but you get the idea.  If you have the opportunity to see them in your city, do it.  It's good for the soul.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails