Monday, September 20, 2010

monday

I fear that weekends will never be long enough, but some Mondays are more difficult than others.  I woke up with a stiff neck and keep trying to stretch it out, but the pain will not go away.  (Grrr.)  It seems that I am not the only one at work that is less-than-excited to be here today.  According to Twitter, one co-worker has a "case of the Mondays" and another thinks that "Mondays are for the birds."  For me, I simply didn't have enough time in two measly days to do everything I wanted and get a little R&R.  Between a baseball game and a birthday party, laundry and dishes, drinks and great eats, my mind is made up that I am in no condition to be at work today.

...But then I feel guilty for complaining because I know there are those that would love to have my job, or any job for that matter.  So I will suck it up, quit complaining, and accept the fact that I shouldn't move my neck up, down, or to either side.  Alas, it's Monday.

3 comments:

Jordyn said...

Only if Fridays were a weekEND instead of a weekDAy... someday?

Nicole said...

Last school year I tried to perk myself up on Mondays...literally. I would treat myself to Starbucks and every day seems easier with a coffee in hand!

Keli said...

Mmmm...Mocha Mondays sound like a great idea! So do 3-day weekends every weekend. :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails