Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Saint Patrick's Day

The day of Saint Patrick. A silly day really, but a fun holiday nonetheless. I generally associate the day with wild parades, green beer, drunken people before 10am, and of course, millions of people wearing green. This year, however, as I am visiting my home sweet home for a mere 4 days, I spent the morning shopping with my sister. Rather than beer, a nice warm coffee with some Bailey's Irish Cream ensued. Rather than a parade, we strolled along an outdoor shopping center. And rather than drunken people, we had the occasional overzealous sales associate, adamant to help us, the only customers of the day. A pleasant day indeed, and my desire to be anywhere near the hype of the day was nill. We did wear our green to show our support of the holiday, and I ended up meeting some friends for drinks later, but the typical hijinks of the day were better heard about from friends or seen on TV. Of course the holiday would not be the same without such shenanigans, but my personal take on the holiday: don't kiss me--I'm not Irish.

Fun fact for today: The original Guinness Brewery in Dublin has a 9,000 year lease!

1 comment:

Emz said...

haha. I've never had a wild St. Patrick's Day, its just never been particularly celebrated where I've lived! But the greenness is definitely refreshing sometimes =)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails