Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Willis

Once upon a time I went for a little shopping trip during my lunch break.  I stopped in a Buy/Sell/Trade clothing store and almost left empty-handed until I sighted a really great bag dangling from the racks.  The size and shape initially lured me in, but upon evaluation I noted its smooth leather and durable quality.  I was ready to pay the $27 with no questions asked, when I opened it up and saw that it was Coach.  So out of curiosity I asked Miss Sales Lady if there was a way to tell whether it was legit or not (although I wanted it either way).  She said without hesitation it was definitely real, and five minutes later I walked out as the proud owner.

So for the last few months I have enjoyed my relationship with the bag.  It is in excellent condition, and I refer to it as my vintage Coach bag because I was under the assumption that it was vintage.  And by vintage I meant it was an older style that no one really cares about anymore.  But then!

Today I came across a Coach ad with a photo of my bag in black as part of their web banner.  So I clicked.  And I browsed.  And I found.  Sure enough, it's my bag, still available, and apparently one of their rather popular styles.  Of course I love the bag either way, but I love it a little bit more when I see what a deal I got on it.  It has function, form, and now fame too.  For $27.  Willis and I will definitely be living happily ever after.

1 comment:

Nicole said...

That is nuts! And lucky!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails